Microdermabrasion is an anti-aging treatment. It helps to get rid of wrinkles and unwanted tanning and aging spots. It also reduces skin pores, scarring on the skin, leaving a smooth skin behind,
It also helps in building collagen in the skin, and make the skin look young forever. It is known for its ease of operations and high success rate.
The Technology used in Microdermabrasion
- Microdermabrasion is nothing but the mechanical exfoliation of the skin with the help of latest technology. It clears and cleanses the skin without damaging it.
- The Microdermabrasion helps in clearing the superficial skin layer of dead skin cells present on face, hands and other body parts. It requires a specialized skin care clinic and a trained specialist to deliver the treatment.
- The microdermabrasion technology has evolved in recent years, from crystal microdermabrasion to diamond-tip microdermabrasion. Crystal microdermabrasion uses corundum, which is the second natural hardest mineral only after diamonds.
- The latest technology has made available the new diamond-tip microdermabrasion. It gives the similar results with minimum discomfort. The ultimate choice of treatment depends upon the treating specialist as well as the person receiving the treatment.
- A new arrival in the field of Microdermabrasion is Hydra Facial, which is performed by simply using water for the whole exfoliating treatment.
- Microdermabrasion is a magic wand for those who are looking for ‘ever fresh look’. A well trained esthetician is required to achieve the excellent results.
- Microdermabrasion is delivered in the multiple treatment session. Ideally 5-10 sessions are required in 2 to 4 weeks period.
- Rinky Kapoor is a trained and well recognized cosmetic dermatologist to perform the Microdermabrasion. In the procedure, the skin is rejuvenated with the help of fresh Oxygen, hydrating serums and antioxidants. If supplemented with Vitamins and fresh fruit extracts, the treatment gives wonderful results.
The skin problems treated with Microdermabrasion
- Dead skin with clogged or enlarged pore
- Pimples and scars
- Aging spots
- Skin discoloration and pigmentation
- Stretch marks
- Damaged skin with dull look
- Excessive oily skin
- Excessive dry skin
Advantages of Microdermabrasion over other treatments
- Conservative treatment with no surgical procedure
- Suits all skin types
- Early resumption of daily activities
- Daycare procedure
- Ever fresh look is gained without much time loss
How Microdermabrasion Works
- The crystal microdermabrasion equipment uses a compressor which takes air through a hand-held unit. A vacuum is effect is created while the skin is treated. Aluminum oxide crystals, also known as corundum are spread over the skin. The crystals go and attach to the dead skin and the duo is vacuumed out.
- The depth of dead skin removal depends upon the strength of the vacuum and crystal flow.
- Your eyes should be well protected while taking the treatment.
- Diamond-tip microdermabrasion uses the similar technology but instead of crystals, the diamond tip itself takes the dead skin out when vacuumed. Diamond-tip microdermabrasion is more comfortable than the crystal microdermabrasion. But both achieve similar results at the end of the day.