To keep your skin looking young and beautiful for a very long time, it is very important to take care of your skin. But choosing the right set of skin care products and formulating a skin care regimen that is in accordance with your skin type is also very crucial. If you have a skin regimen or skin care products that you use that are not suitable to your skin type, you may actually be doing more harm to your skin. Using wrong skin products may cause your skin to become sensitive and allergic and may even cause your skin to inexplicably breakout. Therefore adequate precaution should be taken in choosing the method of the skin care. So, if you want to know more about skin care which is suitable to your skin type, keep reading.
- Normal skin: – Although this type of skin is considered to be the ideal skin type, it is still important to take care of normal skin. The fundamental method of skin care i.e. cleansing, toning and moisturizing apply to normal skin also. The correct method is to wash the face with a mild cleanser which does not have alcohol. The cleanser should be followed by an alcohol free toner which will restore the ph balance of the skin. For normal skin, a mild formula of moisturizer is advisable. Home remedies may also be used for normal skin. Home remedies which include egg yolk and milk are preferable because they are moisturising and give nourishment to the skin.
- Dry skin: – If correct precautions and methods are not used in taking care of the dry skin, it can show premature signs of ageing. Dry skin can very quickly become flaky and irritated and hence needs extra attention and care. People with dry skin should use cream cleansers or cleansing oils to clean their skin. Moisturizing products such as Shea butter, organic coconut oil etc should be used. Once you have cleansed your skin, apply a toner that has moisturizing properties. Then to moisturize the skin used oil based moisturizers which are very hydrating. Home remedies may also help in retaining the youthful glow. A face mask of honey, milk cream and gram flour is also very beneficial to dry skin.
- Oily skin:- While the focus in maintaining dry skin is on replenishing the moisture, quite the opposite is true when it comes to taking care of the oily skin. People with oily skin should focus on absorbing the excessive oiliness out of the skin. People with oily skin tend to believe that if they keep washing their face the oiliness will reduce. This is far from the truth. If you wash your face more than what is required it will cause more sebum to be produced which will cause the face to become even more oily. Oily skin should be toned with either ice cubes or astringents. Water based moisturizers should be used on oily skin. People with oily skin often tend to skip moisturization. Oily skin also needs to be moisturized. Lack of hydration can also cause excessive oiliness. Suitable home remedies for oily skin may include fuller’s earth mask with lemon juice and honey. This mask absorbs excess oiliness from the face and tightens the skin. The honey in the home remedy adds the right amount of moisture to the face as well. Facial scrubs should also be used once or twice a week, which will remove the blackheads and the whiteheads.
- Combination skin: – Combination skin consists of parts which are dry as well as oily. Therefore, it requires different skin care precautions for different areas. The T-zone of the face is generally oily therefore the tips for oily skin are applicable to the T- zone. The T- zone should be cleaned with a mild cleanser and should be toned with an astringent. A light weight moisturizer should be used. Try to use a moisturizer which minimizes the pores.
- Sensitive skin: – Sensitive skin is very delicate therefore great precautions should be taken in choosing the right products for sensitive skin. Use hypoallergenic products and do not touch your face unnecessarily. Use products which are organic and be gentle while applying any products on your face.
Apart from all the remedies and tips, some basics are common to all types of skin. It is important to use a sunscreen every time before you step out. Also it is important to drink 2- 3 litres of water every day. Do not consume too much processed sugar or processed foods which can cause skin problems. In case you have any persistent skin issues, which do not respond well to topical treatments consult a dermatologist. If you are allergic to any medication, do not take that medication without consultation and supervision of a doctor.